Ron Kraemer: VP and Chief Information & Digital Officer
- 12,000 students (2/3 undergrad)
- Research funding: 100 million+
- Endowment: $8-9 Billion (12th largest in country)
Notre Dame’s Innovation Park
- Opened 2009
- 55,000 Sq. Ft.
- Mission: transform university innovation to viable marketplace ventures
- Houses faculty, students, alumni, and partners
- Provides tailored space and services
- Works closely with Admin, Tech Transfer, Office of Research and Deans
I urge you to please walk the campus! The basilica and administration building are deliberately located next to each other. If you have the chance, please check out the grotto, it’s gorgeous especially this close to graduation. ” Touchdown Jesus” artwork on the library is actually a mosaic. A lot of our artwork is deliberately named with football themes. There’s a $400 million investment underway around the stadium, including a digital media studio for video and mobile production work.
Slide showing difference between 2005 and 2013: Catholic papal events – first shot from 2005 has one person holding up a phone to take a photo, the second shot from 2013 shows EVERYONE holding up a phone to take a photo. Pretty dramatic. Our partnership with Modo Labs has allowed Notre Dame to deliver value to our campus. In higher ed, our ability to collaborate and share with other institutions has been a huge benefit. We’re in this game because we want to help our students positively change the world.
“In a digital world, influence no longer emanates from the top of the heap, but from the center of the network.”