What is the Most Useful Thing About Your Portal?
How many are allowing for customizing content within the portal?
- CA Community College is using uPortal with an angular front-end “recommendation engine” style approach.
- Others are using their content management system to pull content in.
- Some put all their stuff that would normally live on the portal on their public sites.
What are positive / negative learnings about the usage of your portal?
- Many are using it as a bookmark farm so they can get to email and other services.
What are people using for SSO?
- Mostly CAS and Shibboleth.
- For some, it’s a “carrot-and-stick” approach for granting access to putting your stuff on the portal. SSO seems to be the “killer app”
What do you hate about your portal / wish was better?
- Self serve password resets are needed! For those that don’t have, they make up the bulk of some orgs’ ticket requests.
- Person in charge of network security makes it hard for changes.
What’s Your Mobile Strategy?
What About Accessibility?
- Are people moving to cloud yet?
- Very few are hosted off-site, CA Comm Colleges is working with Unicon on hosting uPortal at AWS.
- rSmart is another option.
- CampusEAI is not as great a vendor as we were led to believe when we first contracted with them.
- Folks on Datatel sound like they’re not receiving the same level of support they used to.
- Luminis 4 to 5 migration question: did anyone else look at other options? There doesn’t seem to be a clear path forward. Luminis 5 only handles 500 concurrent users, so you’re gonna need lotsa servers!