Presenter: Eric Kim, VP User Experience, Modo Labs, @huafi
What is Publisher?
- Browser based page assembly tool
- gives non-devs an easy fast way to assemble mobile-optimized content and nav
- Power to publish instantly to multiple mobile platforms, including native iOS and Android apps without IT deployments or app-store re-submissions.
- Newspaper: navigation-centric, best for highly visual presentation of 3-6 primary plush optional 2-6 secondary nav items. Layout for both portrait and landscape.
- Big Idea: nav-centric, works best for highly visual presentation of 1 primary call to action.
- Card Navigation: content as nav, mix curated and feed-based content, content in cards in various sizes, card can contain either curated content of image/text. Can be highly designed / customized with lots of formatting options.
- List Navigation: nav-centric, highly visual for 4+ nav items, nav items shown in a vertical list. Can do interesting layer effects with this template.
- Spectra: nav-centric, highly visual presentation of 4+ nav items, touch-appropriate design that not everyone likes.
- Springboard: nav-centric, space-efficient, 8+ nav items, shown in grid of images (often icons) with text labels, below hero section and/or text intro
- Content: meat-and-potatoes of most publisher module, text-based content, optional hero image, sidebar, and top or bottom-block.
- Longform: completely modular approach, build a page from any combo of content blocks, 11 content block types (hero, heading, text/HTML, pull quote, image, HD image, video, Twitter, FB, feature box, links block, many more coming – table, gallery, map, lead generation, carousel feeds, social, etc.), optional inset (“responsive margins”) = greater flexibility in layout and function.
- Showed a site-within-a-site that contained pages with most every element available within each template.
You’ve Got the Power
- Combine curated + dynamic content + navigation
- Assemble app-type experiences
- Delegate admin roles
- Iterate quickly
- Create timely destinations to keep users coming back
- Experiment, prototype, combine
- Have fun!